Friday, April 10, 2015

an introduction to the authors

promises of best picture quality for future posts
sadly, this is the best and most recent (probably 5 years ago) picture we have of just the three of us
 
Hello!
We are excited to debut the new blog for Reading Friends Fort Worth! I {Nancy} have a personal blog and I really enjoy writing it so I convinced Audrey that Reading Friends should have one too!
If you are not familiar with who/what we are here at Reading Friends, please refer to our "About Me" section.
Audrey and I will both be writing the posts and they will be about everything from things going on here at school to things going on in our homes and with our family.
For today, I will start with an introduction ..
I am Nancy .. Audrey is my older sister .. and together we run the office at Reading Friends. Our mom, also Nancy, started the school in 1980 so we both grew up here.
Audrey started teaching 15 years ago and then switched to the office 5 years ago. I started teaching here when I was in college but took several years off to work retail in the fashion industry. While I loved my old job, I made the decision to come back to Reading Friends to have more time at home with my family. I had my first daughter, also Nancy {we keep it simple around here}, in September and I have loved having the time to be at home with her and my husband. Plus I get to spend my mornings getting to know all of the little ones around here which is pretty great!
Audrey has four children. Janey is 9, Deuce is 7 and Tommy and Spencer are 4. You will love hearing the stories that come out of her household! Her kids are hilarious and between the four of them, they keep Audrey and her husband on their toes!
I hope you all enjoy our blog!   
    with love..

nancy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment